SAISD Mobile App
Ms. Lydia S. Valenzuela- Welcome!
I would like to take the time to introduce myself and say that I am very happy and excited to be returning to the teaching team here at Rhodes Middle School! My name is Ms. Lydia Valenzuela and I will be your son’s/daughter’s 8th grade Science teacher.
I am a graduate from Texas A&M International University having earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, with a major in Composite Science Education specializing in 4th through 8th grades. I hold a Texas Educator Certificate and am fully certified to teach Science. I have been teaching Science for twelve wonderful years and am looking forward to inspiring and sparking an interest in your children in the amazing area of Science; furthermore, I will also encourage them to take ownership of their education, and become successful in their academics.
You will find my email address on this page and are welcome to email me at any time. This is the best way to reach me because I check my email on a daily basis. I will reply during my conference time or after school hours.
I have set high expectations for all my students and expect them to be responsible for their own work and behaviors. The goal for each student is to strengthen their foundation in Science and prepare them for their 8th grade Science STAAR exam. I hope to be able to establish a strong communication line with all students and parents so that together we can provide support and motivation towards a successful academic school year.
Thank you for time and please do not hesitate to reach me at any point.
1. Before you are allowed into a ZOOM session, be sure that your name is visible. You will not be admitted onto the session without identification.
2. Be sure your FULL name or student picture is visible when admitted onto the ZOOM session.
3. As you are admitted into the ZOOM session, please type your FULL name and class period on the CHAT, for attendance.
4. You will be muted upon entry, so if you have a question or require assistance, click on the "raise your hand", I-con, so that the teacher can call upon you in an orderly fashion.
5. If your actions are inappropriate or if you are impeding the instruction and leaning of the teacher and students, you will be removed from the ZOOM session and your parents, will be contacted.
5. All sessions are recorded upon entry, please remain RESPECTFUL at all times.
Jeremiah Rhodes Middle School | 3000 Tampico St. | San Antonio, TX 78207 | Phone: (210) 978-7925 | Fax: (210) 228-3017
It is the policy of San Antonio ISD not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability in its vocational programs, services or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and SAISD's board policies DIA, FFH, and FFI.
Es norma del distrito de San Antonio no discriminar por motivos de raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, identidad de género, expresión de género, orientación sexual o discapacidad, en sus programas, servicios o actividades vocacionales, tal como lo requieren el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, según enmienda; el Título IX de las Enmiendas en la Educación, de 1972, la Sección 504 de la Ley de Rehabilitación de 1973, según enmienda, y las pólizas DIA, FFH, y FFI de la mesa directiva de SAISD.
COPYRIGHT © 2016 - SAN ANTONIO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT