Skip Navigation

School History

 

Opened in 1907 as Beanville School in honor of area resident the famous Judge Roy Bean. The campus also was known as School #24.

In 1909 the school was renamed after Anthony Margil at the request of the Daughters of the Texas Revolution. The name apparently never caught on because the school continued to be referred to as Beanville for several years later.

By 1919 the school informally was being called "Hillcrest," apparently inspired by its elevated location.

A reference in a 1924-25 SAISD directory states "Our situation on the crest of a high hill is an inspiration to higher ideals and a broader view of life."

COPYRIGHT © 2016 - SAN ANTONIO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM