Welcome to St. Philip’s College Early
College High School with SAISD. Our mission is to provide a first-class
program that enables students to earn an Associate of Arts, Associates
of Applied Science and/or workforce certification while completing the
requirements for their high school diploma. Imagine, graduating from
college before receiving your high school diploma.
Attending St. Philip’s Early College
High School is not an easy task. The course load is demanding,
extracurricular offerings are not offered at the same level as most
comprehensive high schools, but the payoff of receiving a college degree
(free of charge) along with the growth and success students will
experience outweighs what may be given up. A successful future is within
reach of all our students and this belief is a part of our culture.
Get a jumpstart on your future:
- Simultaneously earn your high school diploma and up to 60 hours of college credit or an associate degree – free of cost to you and your family.
- Get an opportunity to earn an Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science
- Pursue industry certifications in the fields of information technology or automotive technology
- Transfer your college credits to other public colleges or universities in Texas to be applied toward a bachelor’s degree
Engage in a rigorous academic program:
- Begin taking college entrance exams, or practice versions, starting in the 9th grade
- Participate in a minimum of 100 community service hours during your four years at St. Philip’s ECHS.
- Apply to a minimum of four colleges or universities and submit at least six scholarship applications.
Take advantage of campus life:
- Attend school full-time at St. Philip’s College, taking both high school and college-level courses there.
- Enjoy the amenities
and resources to which other St. Philip’s College students have access,
such as academic labs, library, bowling lane, Star Bucks, billiards and
- Immerse yourself in college culture for a seamless transition from high school to higher education at a 4-year institution
Benefit from academic supports:
- Summer bridge program summers prior to the 9th grade.
- Fall and winter bridge for all students
- Academic mentoring sessions and study management strategies
- College Prep program to support academic, social and emotional needs of students