Located downtown in two freshly-renovated buildings on the Fox Tech
campus, the school will work hand-in-hand with industry partners to
prepare students for careers in technology and business, fields where
the demand is high for talented workers.
Some features of the unique program include hands-on projects and real world problems to solve, as well as job
shadowing, mentorships, internships and job opportunities upon
CAST Tech will use computer-based learning to allow students to
progress more quickly in areas where they have mastered concepts,
allowing them to dive more deeply into projects and areas of great
interest. College coursework is embedded in the program, and students
can graduate with an associate's degree, industry certifications and
portfolios that feature long-term projects and other examples of their
Industry partners for CAST Tech include: H-E-B, Tech Bloc, Whataburger, CyberFortress, Geekdom, AT&T, USAA, Frost Bank, DOCUmation, and City of San Antonio, Bexar County.
Is CAST Tech your fit?
The ideal CAST Tech student is:
- Comfortable using technology regularly throughout the day, from
completing assignments and tests on an iPad to using collaboration
software to work with classmates on a joint project.
- Enjoys a more flexible school structure, including a later start to
the school day and classrooms that are set up with multiple learning
stations, with students deciding which one they need.
- Goal-oriented and responsible, taking ownership over how to best reach goals within a given timeframe.
- Eager for an academic challenge and willing to take on college-level
courses, with plenty of support from teachers at the school.
- Committed to real-world experiences, including summer internships that could help jump-start their careers.