At M.L.K. Academy for Arts Integration, we believe all students have the ability to be well-rounded individuals. Exploration, questioning, hands-on learning, and creativity are the core of academic mastery in all grade levels. We have a focus on arts integration throughout our curriculum to enhance student engagement and allow students expression and creativity. Arts integration provides multiple ways for students to make sense of what they learn (construct understanding) and make their learning visible (demonstrate understanding).
In addition, we believe partnerships between community members and the school develop the social-emotional skills of the students while supporting their academic needs.
- ¨ ACADEMIC OFFERINGS: Gifted & Talented = Art = Band = Theatre Arts= Dance = American Sign Language = Special Education= ACE
- ¨ EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: Basketball= Golf, Soccer = Tennis = Volleyball = Track & Fields= Scrabble Club= Newspaper Club= Peer Assistance & Leadership (PALS) = Book Club= Student Council= Pep Squad
- ¨ EXTENDED DAY PARTNER: Boys & Girls Club of San Antonio
- ¨ PARENT ORGANIZATION: Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- ¨ COMMUNITY PARTNERS: Big Brothers, Big Sisters = Girls Inc. = Communities in Schools= Icon Talks= Texas A&M - San Antonio= Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. = Tobin Center for Performing Arts