SAISD Mobile App
2016 Bond School
* Armed Drill Team: This team teaches cadets to march, spin rifles, and have fun. This team is for males and females.
* Unarmed Drill Team: Cadets learn to march, and routines with beats using their hands. It sounds complicated, but if you put in time, and effort, you can learn the routines well. On this drill team you do not have rifles. This team is for females and males.
*Color Guard: The color guard consists of two cadets with flags, and two cadets with rifles. The color guard team can be seen presenting the flags at the beginning of our football games. You will learn patience and precise movements if you decide to join this team.
* Physical Fitness Team (PT): This team practically explains itself. Cadets increase their physical endurance and stamina through strength training, and aerobic workouts.
* Raider Challenge: Is an athletic event that tests cadets endurance and teamwork abilities through five events; to include building & crossing a rope bridge, several obstacle courses, a cross-country rescue event and a 5k run.
* Orienteering: This is a navigational race that is held in unfamiliar terrain where you use a map and a compass to locate points worth different point values.
* Saber Guard: This is a coed team where students will perform with sabers (swords) at many events such as graduation, homecoming, and military ball.
* Academic: Students will compete by demonstrating their knowledge on topics such as; current events, SAT/ACT preparation, basic leader education training based on the JROTC curriculum.
* CyberPatriot: The National Youth Cyber Education Program created by the Air Force Association to inspire students towards careers in cyber-security or other STEM disciplines
Sam Houston High School | 4635 E. Houston St. | San Antonio, Texas 78220 | Phone: (210) 978-7900 | Fax: (210) 228-3005
It is the policy of San Antonio ISD not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability in its vocational programs, services or activities as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and SAISD's board policies DIA, FFH, and FFI.
Es norma del distrito de San Antonio no discriminar por motivos de raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, identidad de género, expresión de género, orientación sexual o discapacidad, en sus programas, servicios o actividades vocacionales, tal como lo requieren el Título VI de la Ley de Derechos Civiles de 1964, según enmienda; el Título IX de las Enmiendas en la Educación, de 1972, la Sección 504 de la Ley de Rehabilitación de 1973, según enmienda, y las pólizas DIA, FFH, y FFI de la mesa directiva de SAISD.
COPYRIGHT © 2016 - SAN ANTONIO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT