Skip Navigation

School History

Sarah King

King Elementary opened in December 1955 at its present location.

The school was named after Sarah Smith King, who served as principal at Bowie Elementary from 1893 to 1941.

Sarah Smith King (1865-1949)
Miss King was leader of the Bowie School for a number of years.  During her years at the Bowie School she not only was a guide and inspiration to thousands of children but was the counselor and advisor to parents as well.  She organized the first Mother's Club in the city and principles of good citizenship and high character were always stressed by Miss King both with parents and kids.  Miss King was a native Texan of colonial ancestry and was a member of both The Daughters of the American Revolution and the Daughters of the Texas Republic Conservation Society.

COPYRIGHT © 2016 - SAN ANTONIO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM